Saturday, July 4, 2009

What to do...?

So, I'm currently waiting for my download of Canaan to complete. It's raw, unfortunately, and while my knowledge of Japanese is less than elementary, for the most part I find that I can figure out at least some of what is going on by context or tone. I may decide to write reviews about various shows, but probably not until I've completed them.

What is Canaan, you might ask? No, not Ari Ben Canaan from Exodus (though he is definitely badass). This is an anime adaptation of a visual novel for the Wii, written by Kinoko Nasu, the guy that co-created Type-Moon, and other interesting stories/visual novels such as Fate/stay Night, Kara no Kyoukai, and Tsukihime. So far I have enjoyed his previous offerings, so I expect Canaan to be enjoyable. From what I've seen so far, it looks a lot like Bee-Train's themes of bad-ass girls kicking the shit out of everyone (Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja, etc).

Sadly, the series' soundtrack is not composed by Yuki Kajiura, but we'll see how Hikaru Nanase does soon enough! Anyway, the download is done. Be back in 24 minutes! (or more)

No comments:

Post a Comment