Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oblivion Recorder

So, through out watching the Kara no Kyoukai series, I can only wonder if God appeared before the producers at Aniplex and ufotable with Kinoko Nasu and Takashi Takeuchi in hand and said, "Turn these guys' bat-shit crazy story into a badass anime, or seven."

And then it was so.

So, Kara no Kyoukai: Oblivion Recorder is out and about thanks to Taka-Jun and gg Fansubs. It was worth the wait. We get to see a little more about Mikiya's younger sister, Azaka, and how odd she is. (Though when compared to other animu, she seems pretty normal.) She and Shiki definitely have an interesting relationship. I imagine if they weren't both in love with Mikiya, they'd get along great.

Turns out Azaka can kick some ass and take names too. She's not as awesome as Shiki, obviously, however, she still knows how to blow shit up. The two antagonists aren't quite as cool as the others in the previous episodes, (dinner knives are serious business) but it's good to see Shiki every once in a while where she's not grumpy and wanting to kill everything.

I'm curious to see how the last chapter of the story ends up. I have a general idea of what happens, but it'll be good to see it all play out. Needless to say, the dude in question is freakin' crazy.

I guess I'll have to wait until the last DVD comes out, since I doubt it'll still be in theaters when I'm in Japan in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment