Sunday, August 30, 2009

And then...

It's been a while. Yeah, I know I'm lazy. So, what's going on then for our favorite animus this season?

Sadly, no one seems to be subbing Guin Saga anymore, so I'll have to wait for a domestic release of that it seems. Or maybe I'll quit being a dork and actually go learn Japanese. That sounds fun. Right?

On the subject of Guin Saga, the ending song single has finally been released: "Saga - This is my Road" by Kanon. What a piece of music. It's like Enya only better (because it has lyrics I can't understand which automatically makes it cool). There's an English version of the song on the CD too, which is just as good. Anyway, enough of that.

Cross Game is continuing, but Ko and Aoba still don't like each other. Well, I guess they have some more story arc for Aoba. I guess it's good that she taught Ko a new pitch, too. Because he wasn't god-like enough already!

And then, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I haven't written about this series yet, but it's a remake that apparently is much closer to the manga than its predecessor. The original series was pretty awesome, and so far the remake has not failed to deliver. It seems that a lot of the story is the same for the first part, but there's a whole new cast of characters (and one that was actually made exclusively for Brotherhood that did not appear in either the manga or the original series). We'll see how Ed and Al do against Scar this time. So far episode 21 was just released.

Wait, so what's it about you ask? Oh yea. For those that might not know, it's about two brothers that become alchemists, like their father before them. The aforementioned father decides to leave their family when they were young, leaving Edward and Alfonse to be raised by their mother. Ed and Al begin studying their father's research and become alchemists themselves. After their mother passes away, they attempt to use alchemy to resurrect her. Their plan goes horribly wrong, and not only do they fail to bring her back to life, Al's body is destroyed, along with Ed's leg. In an effort to save his brother's existence, Ed affixes Al's soul to a suit of armor in exchange for his right arm. The story revolves around the brothers' quest to restore Al's body; which the primary focus is the Philosopher's stone.

The remake is well animated by Bones and is definitely worth watching.

And then, there's Phantom, Requiem for Phantom. I can't remember if I wrote about this or not. I think I did. Anyway, it's by Beetrain, so expect chicks with guns killing everyone. Awesome, right? So far, I think this is Beetrain's finest work, even though Yuki Kajiura (who normally scores their shows) is not providing the soundtrack. It's interesting to see Cal turn into bat-shit-crazy murderer after being separated from Reiji. Hilarity will undoubtedly ensue when those two confront one-another and have to deal with Elen/Ein. Also: God damn you Ali Project. Why are some of your songs good and others make my ears bleed?

Ok, I'm done for now. No more and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment